Duan Qiming, director of the China Association for Cultic Studies, said recently that the China Association for Cultic Studies should respond promptly to theself-immolation tragedy instigated by the Falun Gong cult. He strongly denounced Li Hongzhi and Falun Gong for having made such an appalling tragedy. To this end, he proposes:
1. The government shall find the plotters and instigators responsible for this tragedy and bring them to justice. Evidence proves that it was a premeditated, well-organized and serious political and criminal case. Its plotters and instigators cannot be left at large.
2. Urge the Falun Gong fanatics that are still obsessed to wake up and break away from Li Hongzhi's fallacies, such as "consummation" and "raising to heaven", and cherish their lives by drawing lessons from such a tragedy. In addition, urge former Falun Gong practitioners who had already woken up to expose, from their own experience, the harm which Li Hongzhi and Falun Gong had inflicted on people both physically and spiritually, as well as on society and the nation at large.
3. Relevant authorities shall strengthen their efforts in anti-cult publicizing work so as to raise public awareness in guarding and fighting against cults.
4. Relevant authorities shall once again issue an order to arrest Li Hongzhi on the basis of the abundance of facts revealed against Falun Gong and Li Hongzhi in recent years. Li Hongzhi, founder of Falun Gong and chief criminal of all Falun Gong related cases, is still at large and committing crimes. As a non-governmental organization, the China Association for Cultic Studies can deliver letters to the relevant governments and international organizations and call on them to recognize the Chinese government's arrest warrant and assist in bringing Li Hongzhi to justice.
5. Calling on relevant countries to support Chinese people's anti-cult efforts. The Falun Gong cult has already expanded to a lot of other countries and become an international cult organization. They have not only tried to act against
6. Warn the anti-China forces not to attempt to disruptor use Falun Gong to stop
Mr. Duan's proposal is recognized and supported by members of the China Association for Cultic Studies and personages from scientific, legal and religious circles.