Duan Qiming, director of China Association for Cultic Studies said recently that China Association for Cultic Studies should respond promptly to the Tiananmen Square self-immolation tragedy instigated by the cult Falun Gong, strongly denouncing Li Hongzhi and Falun Gong for having made such an appalling tragedy. To this end, he proposes:
1. The government shall find out plotters and instigators responsible for this tragedy and trounce on them. Evidences prove that it is a premeditated and well-organized serious political and criminal case disregarding sacrifices of Falun Gong fanatics. Its plotter and instigators cannot be left at large.
2. Urge the Falun Gong fanatics that are still obsessed to wake up and break away from Li Hongzhi's fallacies such as "consummation" and "raising to heaven", and cherish their lives by drawing lessons from such a tragedy; urge the former Falun Gong practitioners who had already waken up to expose with their own experience the harm of which Li Hongzhi and Falun Gong had imperilled on people both physically and spiritually, and as well as on the society and the nation.
3. Relevant authorities shall strengthen their efforts in anti-cult publicizing work so as to raise the public awareness in guarding and fighting against the cults.
4. Relevant authorities shall once again issue an order to arrest Li Hongzhi on the base of the abundant facts revealed against Falun Gong and Li Hongzhi in recent years. Li Hongzhi, founder of Falun Gong and chief criminal of all Falun Gong related cases, is still at large and committing crimes. As a non-governmental organization, China Association for Cultic Studies can deliver letters to the relevant governments and international organizations to call on them to recognize Chinese government's order of arrest and assist it arresting Li Hongzhi.
5. Calling on relevant countries to support Chinese people's anti-cult efforts. The cult Falun Gong has already expanded to a lot of countries and become an international cult organization. They have not only tried to act against China relying on certain local conditions, but also directly endangered local people and local communities. Since the cult has become a public enemy and it is a common task to ban on the cult, we can deliver letters to those countries and their governments, calling on them to take necessary measures to prohibit Falun Gong.
6. Warn the anti-China forces not to attempt to disrupt China or stop China from developing by using Falun Gong.
Mr. Duan's proposal is recognized and supported by members of China Association for Cultic Studies and personages from the scientific, legal and religious circles.